- Canadian teen Alphonso Davies scores 1st goal for Bayern MunichMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canadian teen Alphonso Davies scored his first goal for Bayern Munich to help his team return to the top of the Bundesliga table on Sunday with a 6-0 rout of Mainz.
- Casey curse continues as Pistons down Raptors to complete season sweepMarch 17, 2019[…]
Blake Griffin scored 25 points, Andre Drummond had 15 points and 17 rebounds and the Detroit Pistons beat the Toronto Raptors 110-107 on Sunday to complete a season sweep.
- March Madness: Duke selected as top seed for NCAA tournamentMarch 17, 2019[…]
Duke's run to the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament title with a healthy Zion Williamson was enough to make the Blue Devils the No. 1 overall NCAA Tournament seed.
- Tellez’s homer lifts Blue Jays over Twins in spring trainingMarch 17, 2019[…]
Toronto defeats Minnesota 9-8, Rowdy Tellez hits home run in 8th inning.
- Sara England skipping out of famous mom Sandra Schmirler’s shadowMarch 17, 2019[…]
Sara England was two-years-old when her mother, curling legend Sandra Schmirler died of cancer in 2000. The 21-year-old University of Regina skip is now looking to carve out her own identity, and represent Saskatchewan at next year's Scotties.
- Wolfpack bounce back from rare loss with blowout win over BulldogsMarch 17, 2019[…]
The Toronto Wolfpack bounced back from a lopsided loss in Toulouse by running in seven tries Sunday in a 34-12 win over the Batley Bulldogs in Betfred Championship rugby league play.
- ‘Just another day at the office’: Sask-born boxer gloves up for world titleMarch 17, 2019[…]
Kandi Wyatt will fight for a world junior championship title in Athens, Greece, on March 23
- Kerrin Lee-Gartner signs off from CBC SportsMarch 17, 2019[…]
Olympic gold medallist-turned-CBC Sports analyst Kerrin Lee-Gartner says goodbye after calling her final race.
- Blue Jays boosting pay for minor leaguers by 50 per cent: reportMarch 17, 2019[…]
The Toronto Blue Jays are working to institute a pay raise of more than 50 per cent for every player in their minor-league system, according to a report from The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and Emily Waldon.
- Henrik von Eckermann captures Dutch Masters titleMarch 17, 2019[…]
Sweden's Henrik von Eckermann captured the first major of the show jumping season in thrilling fashion on Sunday at the Dutch Masters in Den Bosch, Netherlands.
- Canada’s Christa Deguchi scores gold at Judo Grand Slam in RussiaMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canada's Christa Deguchi will return home with a gold medal after her victory in the women's under-57 kilogram division at the International Judo Federation Grand Slam event in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- Canada’s Ana Padurariu soars to gymnastics World Cup silverMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canada's Ana Padurariu used a brilliant beam performance to bring home silver at the all-around gymnastics World Cup on Sunday in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Canada’s Tristen Chernove wins gold at para track worldsMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canada's Tristen Chernove concluded the para-cycling track world championships with a gold medal in the men's C2 category scratch race on Saturday.
- Thompson takes gold, Leman captures silver at ski cross World CupMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canada's Marielle Thompson took home gold and Brady Leman snatched silver at the final ski cross World Cup event of the season on Sunday in Veysonnaz, Switzerland.
- Canada’s Chelsea Carey rebounds with 2 wins at women’s curling worldsMarch 17, 2019[…]
Canada's Chelsea Carey rebounded nicely at the world women's curling championship in Silkeborg, Denmark, on Sunday. The Calgary skip won both of her matches after opening the tournament Saturday with a 7-6 loss to Korea.